Python Programming for Kids | The Tool to Make Your Kids Successful in Future
There are a handful of coding languages that will help kids have fun with coding and Python programming tops the list.
From building online stores to managing complex databases, coding in Python is the best step your kid can make.
Kids grasp things pretty fast and coding in Python would not have been a Herculean task. To be honest, the future is Python. Python programming is one of the few languages that will help kids have a successful future.
⇒ Coding for Kids ⇐
MS in Computer Science
MS in Computer Science has various specializations out of which Python happens to be a prerequisite for two of them.
- Data science
The majority of the course content deals with Neural links and managing databases. The University of Washington puts the mean salary for their graduates at $124,000 which is higher than the common web developer.
- Artificial Intelligence
A wider sphere under MS in Computer Science, AI builds computer models that think, work, and solve problems by following predictable human patterns. A favorite choice for graduates, this specialization under the MS in computer science shows a great pay scale of $102,316.
Employment opportunities with Python
With the degree under their resume, your kid will find great job options to choose from. Here are the top three high-paying jobs roles your kid can choose:
- Backend Developer – the most crucial role in web development. This role offers compensation of $79,395 per year.
- Data Scientist – ranked the most sought after role by Glassdoor, Data Scientists get the most as they have Python under their arsenal. According to Pay scale, the salary is $96,089 per year.
- Testing Engineer – there are a lot of software quality assurance and testing roles out there in the market that offers a decent compensation of $62,172.
⇒ STEAM Education ⇐
Python 101: What is special about this language?
In layman’s terms, Python is a simplified programming language capable of executing complex operations. Unlike other languages, coding in Python is fast and easy to understand because of the simple syntax it follows.
The simplest language, ever
From the basic assembly language to the high-end computer coding languages online, everybody has their preferences. But everybody has to start somewhere and the perfect choice for kids is to start with Python. Why?
Well, it is pretty simple. Python is simple yet engaging. This is a major reason why it is included in the STEM activities for children to develop critical problem-solving skills.
When children start programming with a basic language like C, they get puzzled when they see these terms: void main(), printf(“%d%d”,&number,&answer). This is a guaranteed turnoff, kills their confidence, and they will never think about computer coding again.
Python eliminates this problem.
Kids find coding in Python as a piece of cake as it takes care of all the technical adjustments by following a simple syntax.
Python Programming is Faster than any other Language
This Slovakian study states the only language that is fit to be included in a school curriculum is Python. This isn’t a surprise. When you compare with other languages, kids find Python to be easy.
When something is easy doesn’t mean that it offers little value. In fact, Python stands apart for being faster and more efficient than its counterparts.
When kids build projects in Python, they will rarely get tangled with debugging errors. This is because of the ocean of libraries that Python has that makes things easier to interpret.
These libraries help kids to swim through their program, handle simple errors that pop up, and understand a lot when they build projects in Python.
Every industry loves Python Programming
Python has spread like a virus to many of the top industries and no wonder even kids are coding in schools these days. Some of the fields where Python is flourishing are as follows:
- Web development – did you know that YouTube and Instagram are built using Python?
- Data Science – the role of a data scientist is ranked US’s top job and Python is a prerequisite. Yes, it is that important.
- Game design and development – oh yes, Python is the core of PUBG and it helps kids to code their versions.
Apart from these, Blockchain, language processing in Artificial Intelligence, and Neural Networks are other interesting areas for kids to dive in.
Start coding in Python in 3 simple steps
How early can they start?
Well, Estonia started this for their first-graders, setting an example that coding in schools will be the new normal.
Every parent should be there for their kids to help them make their first step. With just three steps, your kids can start coding in Python and build amazing projects.
Here’s how you get started:
- Visit Python’s downloads page where you can find their latest version.
- Download and install the .exe file and you will find the IDLE IDE and its command prompt.
- Once that is done, you can create new files, debug and run them on the IDLE platform.
While schools have already integrated Python for their higher classes, your kids can start off at a much earlier stage.
Online Platforms for Kids to Learn Python
Even though Python’s website is the complete package, you don’t want to hand it to your kids. It is like asking them to go through the Old Testament to learn English.
Instead, coding in Python should be engaging, playful, and competitive to help them hop one step at a time.
- If your kid wants to learn computer coding, CodeCombat is a great option. This is a gamified platform for learning computer coding and Python is on their pedestal. This is an interactive and fun way for your kids to start coding in Python.
- A full-fledged option would be EDVON’s Python for kids course. In a matter of 3 months, your kids will be coding in Python with the basics at their fingertips. Why not offer them this complete package and help them make their first step?
- Udemy and Coursera are too technical for kids to learn which is why you should choose Codecademy. They offer simple Python projects for kids to build and add to their collection.
- GeeksforGeeks can be a great resource for young adults and kids if they wish to learn it from the industry’s experts. Another great option is w3schools which is entirely free. They walk through every module where kids start coding in Python at their own pace.
Communities to help kids learn Python Programming
When it comes to coding in Python or any other language, communities are the sails that help your kids improve. They can engage with other programmers, ask questions, code together, and build projects in Python.
- Raspberry Pi has a community for kids called Code Club. In this club, kids learn Python, join contests and win certificates.
- When it comes to helping your kids out, Reddit is your best buddy. Out of their communities, LearnPython is where beginners have conversations and learn more.
Before wrapping things up
Educating children on an online platforms is now on another level post-pandemic. Coursera gave away free courses for students and Tinker Coders saw a 200% increase in enrollment for coding courses for kids.
Kids learn faster than adults and coding at school or coding programs after school will be the new norm in the days to come.
Coding in Python is simple, easy, and highly effective for kids to learn and build their careers. There is no better time than now to help your kids learn Python online.